Toshiba Factory Reset Problem

Closed
aliggett63007 Posts 3 Registration date Monday May 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2016 - May 9, 2016 at 10:51 AM
aliggett63007 Posts 3 Registration date Monday May 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2016 - May 10, 2016 at 12:24 PM
I restored my Toshiba back to its factory settings. It went through all the steps. The last time it shut itself down and turned back on the Toshiba screen came up and then it went to a black screen with a white "-" and will not do anything else. The orange light does blink off and on like it is thinking but it has been doing this since about 10:00 last night. Please help

2 responses

aliggett63007 Posts 3 Registration date Monday May 9, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2016 2
May 10, 2016 at 12:24 PM
When restarting it I can get into the boot menu screen by hitting F2. I reset the time and date and then hit save changes and exit and it automatically goes back to the black screen with the "-" in the right hand corner. We thought maybe it was a hard drive issue so we put a hard drive from another computer in it that was compatible with it and it still did the same thing. Can anyone help? I do not want to spend the money on a new hard drive for it if it is going to do the same thing and the computer was only used for a couple of months before something got spilled on it and it quit working. It just happened to start working the other day when I plugged it in to see if it would work before getting rid of it.