XP Media automatic restart/freeze

Closed
easilytolerable - Feb 8, 2009 at 04:03 PM
nvidia33 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 - Feb 9, 2009 at 12:25 AM
Hello,
I have a Sony Vaio with the XP Media OS that has started to automatically restart itself with no error messages. I have cleaned the fans myself and disabled the automatic restart function yet nothing has changed. I have also taken twice to the Geek squad at CompUsa where they have completely replaced the OS and to no avail. The funny thing is that when I picked up my CPU at CompUsa and tested it, it didn't restart itself like it did when I got home. What are some inexpensive solutions to my problem and why does it restart itself at home and not at the Geeksquad?
Related:

1 response

nvidia33 Posts 8 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009
Feb 9, 2009 at 12:25 AM
hi,
This issue could be caused by any of the below possibilities:

1. Software issue or error.
2. Hardware issue or error.
3. Heat related issue.
4. Computer virus.
5. Issue with operating system.

try to run your computer in safe mode to see if the problem remains.
Computer viruses such as the blaster virus are written to reboot your computer without warning. Usually these viruses will make the computer reboot ever 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes after the computer has booted.
check thst you hve a good cooling system for your computer.
check if the heatsink has a good contact with the processor. Check that the paste is still in a good state.
or it may be that the computer os experiencing some errors with the Microsoft Windows.
try to reinstall your Windows.