From Desktop to laptop, seeing the same office.

Closed
artist33 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 14, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2012 - Nov 14, 2012 at 04:05 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 14, 2012 at 04:19 PM
Hello,
I need a free (hopefully) software that I can put on my laptop so that when my Manager has to see a client in her office (where my desktop computer is), that I can bring my laptop (originally bought for telecommuting) into the outer offices and still be able to connect to my desktop that is in the office she is using.

It got to be too much to use the "stick hard drive" back and forth. I just want to be able to access my desktop from my laptop while in the outer office. (It is NOT a networked computer that I know of).

It's a PC. and I have a Toshiba Laptop if that makes any difference.

(Also, would the anti-virus that is protecting the desktop also protect my laptop since I'd be connecting into it?)

Also, What is the name of a good software (I know I'd probably have to buy it or pay a monthly fee) for telecommuting from home to see my work desktop? I live about 20 miles away from the office and need to be able to work from my desktop in the winter months or anytime I have an emergency at home. (So it's maybe 4 months out of the year).

Thank you!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 14, 2012 at 04:19 PM
Your desktop computer needs to be networked for any of the things you ask for. So your office will need internet access/modem/wireless Router hardware. Try to Google "Go to my computer" that software might work for you. I would advise you to hire a network tech to set-up the whole thing.

Good Luck