Laptop turns off randomly

Closed
Natatop Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 14, 2013 - Mar 14, 2013 at 02:41 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Mar 15, 2013 at 08:05 PM
Hello,

So I've had this HP laptop for a year and a half .I dropped it(I know I'm stupid) so it says that my fan is broken which is probably why it turn off randomly also where the laptop opens and closes the hinges have come off so you can see the cables and one has broken leading to bad Internet connection .Now I know that this the reason why I'm not stupid but could I fix it myself and if not how much would it cost to get repaired and would it take everything off my hard drive ?

Thank you
Related:

3 responses

Natatop Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 at 04:54 PM
Thank you so much this was really helpful I'm going to get a technician as if I did it myself I'd probably break it again.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 15, 2013 at 08:05 PM
Hi Natatop,

We would be happy to hear from you again. Please post the status after repair so that it helps other users facing similar problems.

Please do write back to us.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 14, 2013 at 03:53 PM
Hi Natatop,

Overheating is one of the causes for the laptops shutting down randomly. As you mentioned during the accidental damage the fan broke, this might be leading your laptop to overheat thus shutting down randomly. Also, you mentioned the damage is near one of the hinges. The wireless antenna for most of the laptops is in the back cover of the LCD Screen. This might be the reason for intermittent network problems with your laptop. Or, some models have the RJ-45 connector (connector where network cable connects) near one of the hinges that might be broken during the accident and hence you cannot connect to the internet.

Luckily, most of the laptop components such as LCD, Back cover, hinges, bottom base, heat sink/fan etc. are replaceable. Kindly check with the HP Support for the parts price details. Also, refer to the service manual of your laptop. It is advisable that you take a technician's help. If you wish to replace the parts yourself please go through the safety instructions in the Service Manual before opening the chassis.

If you need help with finding the manuals online please reply with exact system model number of your HP Laptop.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.