HELP !!!! To replace Vista with XP

Closed
damien - Feb 20, 2009 at 08:33 AM
 damien - Feb 21, 2009 at 12:37 AM
<gras>Hello,

I have a Fujitsu Amilo pro v3405.

I am having problems with it presently because of the presently installed Vista. Even the audio drivers have started giving errors and my speakers do not function. Hence i want to replace it with XP. (I am not sure if this laptop will support XP SP2 though..someone can advise me on this too)

When ever i try to boot from CD, it says cannot locate HDD so setup has to be aborted. I cannot ven open my Device Manager to check if the SATA Drive is installed properly because of the Windows explorer error.

On the BIOS menu, i cannot find the option to disable the HDD too. I can change the status to User,None, etc... but there is no option as 'Disable HDD'..

I desperately need help with this one.
Related:

1 response

UNAD Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2009 1
Feb 20, 2009 at 09:30 AM
windows XP does not recognize sata drives: you must first go into the 'setup' [F2 or del on startup] and go to 'integrated peripherals' and make sure that the 'serial - ata controller' is enabled to let the hd act as 'ide' or use '3rd party RAID drivers' at start of XP install, which requires dfownloading 'sata' drivers onto a floppy to use during installation.
Thank you sir,

What wbout the AHCI COnfign??? do i enable it or???