Laptop Battery suddenly losing power and shut down

Closed
abbu1 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2013 - Jun 27, 2013 at 03:56 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Dear Experts and seniors,

I have one query regarding my Notebook. Actually my notebook is around 3 months old, since 3 or 4 days my Notebook suddenly shutdown in the middle while am working or watching movies and giving low sound beap at time of shut down. After that when am again pressing the power button to get on, it is not opening.

Then after putting power cod and pressing the power button, its coming back. After when I remove the power cod, the Laptop is holding power on battery for the period of 15 to 20 mints. When am working or watching movies, suddenly its shut down with low volume sound beap. But when am not working or watching movies, it is holding power and it is in ON mode.

Even battery is showing in a charging mode when I connected the power cod and it is charging till 100% also.

As per the other guys instructions on internet even I have replaced the battery and put NEW BATTERY in the Notebook which I brought from the showroom, but still it is showing same issue while watching movies or working on it. At the time of working on notebook, my important data is lost due to this problem.

Please help, its my humble request to all of you to give me some tips or steps through which I will be sought it out this problem and it would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Hi abbu1,

Please try to update the drivers for the Video Card in your notebook and check if it helps.
abbu1 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2013
Jun 28, 2013 at 01:57 PM
Dear Zohaib,

First of all thanks for your reply and tip, I have tried and installed VGA Drivers, Sound Drivers and LAN Drivers also but still same issue occurring.

I think, shell I open Laptop and do some cleaning around the fan, due to heat it might be shutting down.

Please suggest...
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 30, 2013 at 08:53 AM
Hi abbu1,

Overheating might be the cause of the problem. Follow the steps below and check if the problem is resolved:

1. It is recommended to use the Laptop in a Room temperature of 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F) with a Humidity level no greater than 90%.
2. Use compressed air to clean the vents on a regular basis. You don't need to open the chassis to clean the vents. Sometimes the accumulated dust is not visible by simply looking at the vents. To properly clean the vents:

a. Power off the System
b. Unplug the AC Adapter
c. Remove the Battery
d. Use `Compressed Air Can' to blow the dust out of the vents. Do not use your mouth to blow the dust out of a Laptop. Use the `air-can' according to the directions on the side of the `air-can' as you can cause damage to the computer if used incorrectly.

3. Outdated BIOS can cause heat issues by having an outdated temperature table for the system. Visit the manufacturer's website to download the most updated BIOS for your Laptop.

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

Do reply with results.
abbu1 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 1, 2013
Jul 1, 2013 at 03:42 PM
Ok Zohaib, I will try and get back to you with results.

But one thing I would like to know that, if we use COMPRESSED AIR CAN then whether there will be any issue arises because in CAN there will be liquid.

Thanks and Regards.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jul 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Hi abbu1,

Don't worry, the 'compressed air can' will not harm your computer as long as you use it as per the instructions printed on the 'can'. It's not actually the liquid; it is the gases inside the 'can' that have been compressed to the point that they have become liquid. They evaporate before leaving the can since the valve draws from the top unlike most aerosol cans which have a straw that draws from the bottom of the can.

When the can is held upright and activated, gas flows out through the nozzle. The pressure inside the can therefore drops, and is no longer sufficient to keep the contents as a liquid. If the can is held upside down, then its contents are expelled as a liquid. This liquid evaporates very quickly at standard temperature and pressure, chilling anything in contact with it.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell