Not accepting activation stuck on wallpaper no icons no mouse

Closed
humpy Posts 4 Registration date Sunday July 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2013 - Jul 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jul 15, 2013 at 07:17 AM
after a virus damaged my harddrive I installed a new one new legal copy of xp proff everything was great for a week then I kept on getting this new policeman looking message preventing me from viewing everything I had to "special allow" programs
I tried a system restore thinking this uninvited restrictive program be eliminated I did d/l the latest Viper anti virus/protection. I think the comp chose a date earlier than my install if that is possible now when I try to log on comp asks me to activate... but wont accept it.
I tried a reinstall but I get only a desktop wallpaper no icons sometimes I get "you need to activate now " I click on that and nothing happens or possibly "please wait" and that is it I tried to activate in safe mode nothing cant get ont the internet either I tried reloading the drivers too no change thanking you in advance for any help
Related:

6 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 14, 2013 at 01:51 PM
Hello,
Is it asking you about Windows activation? Let us know the complete message.
Good Luck
humpy Posts 4 Registration date Sunday July 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2013
Jul 14, 2013 at 02:02 PM
thanks for the response I forgot to mention it asking me to activate my legal windows xp and register it....on the odd occasion I was able to fill in the Microsoft forms it does not respond bearing in mind I did register the program a week ago and was notified I was registered but used to get the request to do so a number of times
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 14, 2013 at 02:23 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your laptop, start tapping the "F8" key to get "Startup

Settings" options ( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep tapping the

F8 key)

Select the option "Safe Mode with Networking"

2) When the desktop appears, try to activate it.

Click on the below hyperlink "Activation". You can find all the instructions

regarding the activation.

Activation

Good Luck
humpy Posts 4 Registration date Sunday July 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2013
Jul 14, 2013 at 02:34 PM
THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME AND ADVISE I TRIED LOADING IN SAFE MODE I WAS ABLE TO DO SO EARLIER BUT NOT NOW I WILL TRY LATER
RIGHT NOW I HAVE TRIED"R" REPAIR IT DOES ASK ME WHICH OF THE 2 PROGRAMS I WOULD LIKE NO MOUSE BUT I CANT RESPOND ILL TRY AGAIN WITH THE KEYBOARD THOUGH I HAVE TRIED "ENTER" WHICH DOES NOT HELP
Jul 14, 2013 at 02:37 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
In safe mode, you can't access the Internet. But in "Safe Mode with Networking" the network drivers will be loaded and helps you to connect to the internet.
[Note : Typing in all caps is considered as yelling.]
Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jul 14, 2013 at 03:00 PM
WOOPS I GOT SOMETHING I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE IT GIVES ME 2 OPTIONS

PO-TSSTCORP CDDVDW TS-H653N

WL150GBSATA

OR F4 TO GO TO STANDARD REBOOT AS I TRIED THAT ONE AND IT IS A DESK TOP IM SURE THAT MAKES NO DIFF MANY THANKS
Jul 15, 2013 at 05:45 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
You got the boot selection options asking you to select the first boot device. This will appears when you keep tapping the F8 key on startup. Press Esc and keep tapping F8 key to get the
Windows advanced options.
PO-TSSTCORP CDDVDW TS-H653N --> It's your DVD-Drive
WL150GBSATA --> Your SATA Hard drive.
[Note : Typing in all caps is considered as yelling.]
Good Luck
hi please know I so appreciate your assistance however I use large caps as my 72 yr old eyes have difficulty reading lower caps I am most definitely shouting at anyone.
your last note explained what those codes are do I choose the dvd drive ? will that enable the dvd drive to reload/over ride my fractured windows

I am sure the trouble started when I did a system restore which called for a date earlier than my last week s installation? I may well be wrong but after I started the sys.restore I suppose if I could wipe the week old hard drive but that seems impossible with gratitude

oooops I meant to say I am most definitely NOT shouting at anyone
Jul 15, 2013 at 07:17 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
I'm sorry. You have a valid reason for typing in all caps. You can now type in CAPS.
When the boot menu appears, then press Esc and keep tapping the F8 Key. Now select the "Safe Mode with Networking" and try to activate it.

If you are having a difficulty in reading the lower caps then you can increase the Viewing %.
Just hold the "Ctrl" key and press the "+" key once or twice. If you still want to increase it then again you can follow the instruction. You can see the difference. If you want to decrease it then hold the "Ctrl" key and press the "-" key.
Good Luck