Anyone here of acer aspire one zg5, i need urgent help.

Closed
khaanam Posts 35 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2014 - Jul 16, 2013 at 05:22 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jul 27, 2013 at 08:14 PM
Hello,

dear members, I will highly appreciat if anyone here who is expert in acer aspire one zg5 issues, will help me to resolve my laptop's problem, my laptop has been packed since 2 months due to shifting, now i open it and tried to start but it is not starting IT JUST SHOW A BATTRY LIGHT FOR A SECOND AND GO OFF BUT ITS START'S BUTTON LIGHT IS REMAIN ON ALL THE TIME UNTILL I PULL THE PLUG OFF. no startup no windows no any activity happen. kindly help me in easy way as i m not expert. i will be so much thankfull.
Related:

4 responses

carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Jul 16, 2013 at 07:14 PM
TRY TAKING OUT ANY CORDS AND TAKE OUT THE BATTERY AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON FOR DOWN for 30 SECONDS THEN PUT THE CORD BACK IN AND TRY TO TURN IT ON THEN PUT BATTERY BACK IN.
khaanam Posts 35 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2014 16
Jul 18, 2013 at 08:45 AM
many thanx for ur pricious time helping for me, Sir i have done it but nothing happend...battery has been dead i think some problem is been in board, what it could be or i m wrong? if its in board then what can i do? kindly guide me if i m right.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen,

then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot.

If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below hyperlink "RAM".

RAM

Note : While removing the RAM and placing it back, you need to be careful.

Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in such problems.

If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM in the slot and

check if you are to start your laptop without any issue. If the problem still exists

then change the slot. If you still having the same issue then then try the above

procedure with the other RAM.

Good Luck
khaanam Posts 35 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2014 16
Jul 20, 2013 at 04:00 AM
Hi,
thanx for helping me but unfortunatly there is no fan running..i went for service center they removed the ram clean it and placed it but no use. they tried to flash IC but faild due to my IC is seald with board. i read zohaib's solution about same problem like mine He said if adapter light is just goes on when conecting adapter and then goes off it means motherboard doing problem...what do u say?
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 20, 2013 at 02:12 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
1)Have you tried other power adapter or check your power adapter output voltage ?
2) If the power adapter seems to be fine and the LED is getting turned off when you connect it to the laptop then the problem might be with the motherboard. Its seems like it is getting short. It might also be because of dust.
Good Luck
Jul 24, 2013 at 04:36 AM
hi,
yes it has been cheked at service center, but i dont know how to check voltage? if its in the back of adapter plug's back then its 3A. now what to do?
Jul 24, 2013 at 06:16 AM
jack, i went on acer support site i sent my question abt my problem and i have found a solution to flash bios i tried to flash my bios as they guided but invain.... i downloaded my laptops bios and save it in usb as they said then i press and hold fn+esc keys and press start button but nothing happend. i repeated it but no use. :(:( what does it mean.
Jul 24, 2013 at 08:49 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
In case if your are having a black screen issue where atleast you are able to turn ON your laptop then you try to flash the BIOS. But here you are not in a situation to turn the laptop ON.
Are you able to see the power button LED in ON or any blinking ?
The voltage is represented as "V". You can take are your AC Power Adapter to your nearest electronics repair shop and check its output voltage using the multimeter. The output Voltage should be same which is represented on the AC Power Adapter. It shouldn't cross the set given voltage on it.
Also make sure that there is no dust in the laptop.
You already have a similar Support Topic asking this question here. Please refrain from posting multiple topics for the same problem as it often leads to confusion and can take longer time for us to respond.
If you want "Zohaib" to continue then you can make him a request to answer in this thread and I will be happy to quit.
Good Luck
Jul 26, 2013 at 04:28 AM
kindly can u tell me that how much we have to press and hold fn+esc buttons while flashing bios. and i have to only press start button or press and hold it. it is just for knowladge i know my laptop no need this bcoz it is dead.