DAY time clock has stopped

Closed
Marshal - Feb 24, 2009 at 01:31 AM
 rayvera - Apr 15, 2009 at 10:27 AM
Hi , Today i got a problem on my DELL INSPIRON 1525 laptop saying "DAY TIME CLOCK HAS STOPEED".
I faced same problem last year( May,08) also and the tech guy from DELL replaced the COMS battery. I don't know why this CMOS battery gets dead so early. Even my friends are also using LAPTOPs for years without any change of CMOS battery. I think this problem is coming frequenlty in DELL INSPIRON 1525 model....
Related:

1 response

I just started receiving the same error in my 1525. I took the laptop complete apart to change the CMOS battery assuming it was dead. I found the coin like battery and checked voltage on it. My 3v battery read 3.10v and now I am confused. If the battery that keeps time and date is not dead what else could it be? Since I have it all apart, I am going to buy a new battery and change it anyway. I kept looking on the motherboard to see if there was anything that looked like it could be causing the problem, but the only thing I kept finding was printed on the board was "Made in China" and right away I knew that I found the problem. I figure I do some more searching and see if there are any other ideas before I put it back together. Thanks, ray