CD and DVD drive not working.Help!

Closed
Ima_make_u_crack_up Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 30, 2013 - Aug 30, 2013 at 07:28 PM
 Leiif - Nov 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Hi, I have a 2007 Gigabyte laptop and the CD and DVD drive is not working. I have seen others posts similar to this and read the answers but I am not the administrator on the laptop. So are there any other ways to fix this problem without being the administrator of a laptop?

Kind Regards,
Ciaran Gracie
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 30, 2013 at 07:31 PM
Good Evening.

So, you really didn't say what the problem was, except you know you are not the admin...what happens?

Please post back!

//ark
-Contributor
ima_make_u_crack_up
Sep 2, 2013 at 05:09 AM
I have inserted a disc that is being accepted in the CD drive and the CD isn't being read so I can't listen to music on my computer
Blocked Profile
Sep 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM
...and It happens with every CD?
There was an earlier thread on this forum and it had a partial solution that only worked for me once. I had to take it to the next level and my DVD now works better than new.

The thread is here - https://ccm.net/forum/affich-12954-dvd-rw-will-not-read-anything . The post was by logik part way down the page. This was, in my case, a stuck transport but just a simple cleaning was not enough.

I took the 2 small screws out from the drive cover and gently removed the silver cover over the transport. Then I cleaned the spiral transport shaft and the opposing shaft with cotton swabs and put a small amount of grease on the shafts also. Then I moved the transport to each end of the travel and cleaned any excess grease that squeezed out.

Replaced the cover and the drive works.