XP and SATA.

Closed
Ronhenry Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 9, 2013 - Oct 9, 2013 at 04:17 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 9, 2013 at 06:55 PM
RE installing XP on a SATA drive I would suggest it is also in the programming of the motherboard as I have 2 computers with SATA drives & I installed XP from the cd without a problem. I have a Dell which will not install however I can install win 98 from the cd on it.
The 2 computers that install are not "brand names" but ones I have built.This is one of them.
I do, in the BIOS, set the BIOS to manage the devices not windows.
Also other O/S install on the Dell OK.
Just thought I would mention this.
Ron
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 9, 2013 at 06:55 PM
Hi Ron,

Installing Windows XP on a SATA hard drive requires you to integrate the SATA Drivers with the XP installation CD using software such as nLite as Windows XP does not recognize the SATA drive.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.