Internet and browser not talking to each other

Closed
jacusauc Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2013 - Dec 15, 2013 at 09:39 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Dec 15, 2013 at 01:38 PM
Hello,
I had a look on this forum today and thought i found a solution to my problem but the advice didnt work. My internet is working fine(3G) stick, and it's uploading and downloading data but when i open any browser like I.E or chrome it's not responding. It's says unable to open browser and it does the same with any web address i enter in.

The advice was to click on the windows button,search cmd and then right click on the file and enter some words and press enter. I did that and it asked to restart my pc which i did and i still have the same problem. I have windows 7 by the way.

Please help as this pc is my lifeline.
Waiting to hear from you guys. Cheers

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 15, 2013 at 01:38 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Click on "Properties" --> Click on

"Connections" tab --> Click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all

the options, if you notice any option selected.

Firefox :

In Firefox, Click on Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Network --> Settings -->

Select "No proxy" option and click on OK.

2) Click on Start --> In search bar, type cmd. Run --> Type cmd .

When the command prompt option appears in the search list, right-click on it

and select the option "Run as administrator". "Command Prompt" will be opened.

Now enter the below command.

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

3) If the problem still exists then try disabling your Firewall\Antivirus and check if

you are able to open the website.

Good Luck