Problem opening attachments on yahoo

Closed
durl Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2014 - Feb 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM
durl Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2014 - Feb 14, 2014 at 03:57 PM
when i receive an email on att/yahoo with an excel or word attachment, i go thru the opening sequence and all seems to work well except it never displays what i supposedly opened.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 14, 2014 at 03:33 PM
We are to assume you have a valid license?

Have you checked in your download folder?

Please discribe "opening sequence".

durl Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2014
Feb 14, 2014 at 03:57 PM
yes I have proper licenses for ms office (it's a small business dell computer, works well albeit dated); I cannot find the "download folder" on the computer; and finally, normal sequence is 1-left click xl file attachment 2-a std legend comes up saying norton has scanned the file and it's safe to open 3- I click on the screen and 4- the "file download" screen comes up and I click either "open" or "save" and the screen goes back to the original message and the file goes somewhere in a blckhole I can't find.
When I perform the same thing on my personal laptop (an old Toshiba) I have no trouble opening the attachment.
Thank you for any help you may lend. This Dell used to open them fine and something I might have done (???) caused it to do this.
p.s. I'm not a computer expert!