My screen is black but flickering

Closed
Peteez Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 3, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2014 - Jul 3, 2014 at 01:43 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 3, 2014 at 04:28 PM
I turned my laptop on today and when it turns on the logo comes up then it his black but the screen is lit then it starts flickering between being lit and screening going completely off. When it's lit nothing shows up on screen I can just see that it is lighting up. When I move my mouse around the kit screen I can see the pointer then when it flickers off the pointer disappears. It seems weird I can't find online anywhere of someone having this same exact problem. I have tried trouble shooting by unplugging, taking out battery and holding down power for 30 secs but that didn't work either. It was working fine yesterday this came out of nowhere, can anybody help me?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 3, 2014 at 04:28 PM
There are three hardware issues that can cause this type of problem:
1. broken cable from the motherboard to the screen
2. Broken inverter that supplies power to the backlight
3. Broken backlight

You will probably need a repair shop to diagnose the problem.

Good luck