Crashes after windows loading screen

Closed
Butters - Dec 18, 2014 at 12:57 AM
 Butters - Dec 18, 2014 at 03:49 PM
Hey, my toshiba satellite won't log on. It first comes up with the option to choose window repair or Start windows normally. If I choose start windows normally it goes to the usual windows start up screen but after a while of it being there it crashes and restarts the computer. If I choose to windows repair it says loading files for 3 seconds then there's a blank black screen with a larger than usual white mouse. This screen doesn't go away. Pls help me
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 18, 2014 at 03:00 AM
Hi Butters,

When in Advanced Boot Options, could you select The Last Known Good Configuration? Other option is to try starting with Low Resolution Video, an option that could be selected from the same menu.
If none of those help, you should try using a Windows installation DVD, if you have one. Try repairing the OS from there or do a clean installation. There is a slight possibility that your HDD is starting to fail and the OS is having troubles loading. If this is the case, you should remove the HDD and test it on another machine. Keep in mind that, opening the laptop may terminate it's warranty.

Hope this helps
Thank you for help I'll try theses options