My disc drive has complications

Closed
Akari-chan Posts 1 Registration date Saturday January 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2015 - Jan 3, 2015 at 12:43 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 5, 2015 at 02:49 AM
I messed with my computer last night and now it's killing me.
I can use the eject button to eject my DVD RAM. But when I use Window's eject function by right-clicking on device under "My Computer", it wouldn't eject.
When I tried inserting a DVD into the RAM, it showed in my computer that it's loading, but never actually finished.
I'm starting to think the ROM doesn't have drivers in the computer, and the disk device in the computer is somehow connected to an unexisted RAM.
Please help.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 5, 2015 at 02:49 AM
Hi Akari-chan,

I would recommend you to uninstall the DVD ROM from Device Manager, disconnect it, reconnect it and restart the PC. As far as I understand, your DVD ROM is opening correctly with the button, but it is not functioning properly. Am I correct? I can not really see a connection between the installed RAM and the DVD. If the issue persists, I would recommend you to visit the device manufacturer's web page and look for a solution there.

Hope this helps
Happy New Year