Segate expansion 2 tb

Closed
Minionshah Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 11, 2015 - Mar 11, 2015 at 02:47 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Mar 11, 2015 at 04:38 AM
hey,I am using a segate expansion desk 2tb since a few months and i gave to a frient for a day and he retuned me in such way
............it dont show in my computer
............it dont show full name as segate expantion in safe to removeit jusk shows eject expansion desk
............it shows(win 7) in disk management as disk 1,unallocted,not initialised,and its name as " *; " also it only shows 3.9 gb there
............it shows as disk drive in device manager under disk drive also a "usb mass storage" under universal bus controller
............it lights up blue as usual but (i dont remember) it makes a unusual sound for a min and stops aking sound and liht still on
............same problem is seen in my lappy(win 8.1) but doesnt show up in disk management
also i checked it 3-4 other computers also changed wiring but same problem
i have atmost of 1.3 tb data on it and dont want to format it
alo my hard drive is under warranty so it may be replaced but i atleast want to recover my data.......pls help i want my data
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Mar 11, 2015 at 04:38 AM
Hey Minionshah. It sounds very unfortunate. Did it work fine with your friend's system and does he/she remember doing anything in particular before that happened?
I'd suggest that you try to access the drive via Linux LiveUSB/CD to see if it's recognized properly and if you can get to your data. You could also try some of the data recovery options from this thread: https://www.tomshardware.com/ unfortunately if the drive is shown as not initialized there's a big chance that the data recovery programs won't be able to recognize it. Your most reliable option for data recovery remains a professional solution such as data recovery company.
If the external enclosure's controller has failed, you should be able to get the drive to work if you connect it internally directly to the motherboard, but that is not recommended, because that would probably void the warranty.
I'd recommend that you contact the manufacturer's customer support to inquire about the issue.

Hope that helps. Let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative