MicroSD Card not reading on phone or laptop!

Closed
bubbagump93 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2015 - Mar 26, 2015 at 03:17 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 26, 2015 at 03:11 PM
I have a huge dilemma! I have a 16GB SanDisk microSD card that i have had in 2 of my phones for about 1 year now. I have never had any issues with it but today as i was driving home i saw a notification that said "microSD card ejected unexpectedly" I've tried turning my phone on and off, taking out the card multiple times and putting it back. It has not read it whatsoever. I then read a few forums on this site that said to plug my adapter for the SD card into my laptop (Acer Aspire S3-391) but my laptop does not read it either. I am getting no "error" messages of any kind and have looked in my device manager to no avail. I've also slid the "lock" toggle in every position possible and nothing is working! I have all the pictures of my 2 year old nephew and 4 month old niece on this thing! Please help!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 26, 2015 at 03:11 PM
"i was driving home i saw a notification that said "microSD card ejected"

You were driving home while using the phone?

You do know that's illegal in California?

As to the card - it's dead unless you can somehow find an adapter that will allow the laptop to detect the card. Some people have had success with you a Linux computer to read cards that Windows can't.