Sudden power off of laptop HP 430

Closed
rfsanti2009 Posts 1 Registration date Friday April 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 17, 2015 - Apr 17, 2015 at 10:26 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Apr 18, 2015 at 11:23 AM
I have recently installed Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013 in my laptop. After a few weeks, I observe that my laptop's power would suddenly turn off even if I my battery is fully charged or even when my laptop is connected to the electrical power supply. At first this power off incidents would occur after a several minutes until recently I have observed that even after 5 minutes of being on, the power suddenly stops.

I have also observed that after I reboot my laptop, the files, browser that I was using before the power off, would still be there.

I am using an external fan for my laptop.

What could be the problem with my laptop?

Thanks in advance.
Mon
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Apr 18, 2015 at 11:23 AM
Hi rfsanti,

This could be normal for your machine to appear to be powering off. I feel that it is your power settings that are set to put your computer to sleep or to make it hibernate. In both cases powering it on again will open the programs you have open at the time it goes off. The key to seeing if this is the case is if the machine powers itself down whole you are using it. By that I mean pressing keys or moving the mouse. If you are watching a film and not doing anything the computer might still power down.

If this is the case then you will need to make changes to your power settings.