Dell inspiron 2200

Closed
Lila - Apr 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM
 baca - Mar 24, 2010 at 04:59 PM
Hello,
My laptop has no icons. Cant access reg edit. Safe mode not working, will log on and immediately logged off. Shows wall paper, no taskbar. ctrl alt del not working, wont right click. I think I got a virus.
Related:

2 responses

press f11 that will take you to boot priority
I lost the cd to reboot, what can I do?
chewbaca > celo415
Mar 11, 2010 at 01:18 PM
You may be able to get a new one from Dell support.
nprisuzu Posts 9 Registration date Thursday October 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 1
Apr 2, 2009 at 05:25 AM
this is indeed a virus.
you will need to format your hard disk and reinstall windows.
Thank for replying :)
I have tried everything, but the laptop will not take the cd. Cant go on safe mode, have tried other cd's but they spin and stop. Any other suggestions?
hellstar420 > Lila
May 11, 2009 at 03:11 PM
Basically... you need to press F2 repeatedly upon starting your laptop. once you get to the blue screen go to the boot options and change the order of the system boot to begin with your cd drive then save.. reboot and it should start on its own... the only problem is when i went throgh this procedure it did'nt give me the needed drivers after the system was restored.. you'll have to download them from the dell website.. im acctually still in the process so thats as bout as far as i can help. if anybody has any driver info that would be awesome.. i got the wireless modem video drivers but i think im still missing a couple.... thanks
How do I wipeout everything and start over? She Lost the passwords