Avg antivirus does not removed from the pc

Closed
Amit Gandhi - Apr 2, 2009 at 07:56 AM
Trying2 Posts 7096 Registration date Saturday July 12, 2008 Status Security contributor Last seen October 14, 2015 - Apr 2, 2009 at 08:53 AM
Hello,

i m facing the problem when i removing the avg8.5 antivirus from my pc and giving some registry file erore
how can i solved this because i want to install kaspersky 2009 intrnet secuirty which is does not allow any other antivirus
Related:

1 response

Trying2 Posts 7096 Registration date Saturday July 12, 2008 Status Security contributor Last seen October 14, 2015
Apr 2, 2009 at 08:53 AM
Hello

Uninstall avg like that.
Reboot your pc.

Normally, it will be ok.

But to clean your pc, download Ccleaner.

You can perform what's described here from first step to the fifth.

In summary:

Do not install the yahoo toolbar.

Check both boxes before cleaning:

* Click "Options", "Advanced" and uncheck the "Delete only files, the Windows Temp folder, older than 48 hours".

* In Cleaner / Windows / Advanced you must check the box of old prefetch data.

And then do these two procedures:
1/Cleaning (Step 4 of the link)
2/Registry (step 5)--> You can make 3 times the search of registry errors. (Bearing in mind that each time as proposed, you make a backup in "my documents")

About CCleaner :
Personally, when I have a file in the recycle bin, instead of emptying it the "classic way", I'm doing right click on it and I run ccleaner.
And I do a cleaning of the registry at least once a month. (by saving each time the back-up file).
About the usefulness of this backup, I've never had problems with ccleaner, but if the cleaning of the registry was a bit too "violent" and subsequently you realized inconvenience on your pc, simply double click on the backup file, so all deleted items would be returned to the registry.