Dell laptop fault

Closed
Stef - Jan 21, 2016 at 02:11 PM
 Stef - Jan 21, 2016 at 04:41 PM
Hello,

My dell laptop will not start up. When I switch it on nothing happens then it starts beeping but the screen stays blank

Related:

1 response

ctree42 Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday January 13, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen June 1, 2017
Jan 21, 2016 at 04:09 PM
The beeping means that there is something wrong with the hardware of your computer.

Before you start diagnosing, you have to find out what exactly the problem is. To do this, turn off your computer completely then turn back on, and listen to the amount of beeps until their is no more. Count up the beeps, take a note, open up the Manual/Troubleshoot Guide that came with your computer. Goto the troubleshoot section, there it will tell you what each number of beeps mean.

If you can't find the manual that came with the computer, head over to the manufacturers website. Goto the support section, their you will be able to type in the complete model and number of the computer, and then be able to download it. Usually a PDF guide.

If its a memory problem, change the ram. Hard drive problem change that, CMOS battery problem, change that, etc.

Hope that helps
I'll try that thanks for your help