Dell inspiron laptop won't power up

Closed
christy - Jun 15, 2016 at 12:01 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 15, 2016 at 01:53 AM
I have a Dell inspiron laptop. When I plug the cord into the wall, the green light comes on on the charger, but when I plug the charger tip onto my laptop, the light turns off and never charges my laptop. I had the battery checked so I know that's no good, but even if the battery is out, my laptop won't power up! Help!
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 15, 2016 at 01:53 AM
Hello christy,

Two reasons behind this issue are:

1) Your AC power adapter itself be a possible culprit, For this test the AC/DC power adapter with a multimeter. It’s very likely that there is noting wrong with the laptop and your problem is related to the power adapter.

But as you said, "When I plug the cord into the wall, the green light comes on on the charger, but when I plug the charger tip onto my laptop, the light turns off"

2) May be your Motherboard power supply has some issues which inturn you need to check the whole motherboard with a valid technician because it needs disassemble of laptop.