Black screen, system error

Closed
Lily - Jun 25, 2016 at 07:07 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 26, 2016 at 02:00 PM
Hello,
I have serious problem. I have windows xp. Tried to upload extra brushes abr file in photoshop cs5.
In next moment the screen went blue with system error message that said it detected error and shut windows down. I tried to restart, but the Start button didn't reacted. Had to unplug the cable from power.
I put it back in and pressed Start to turn computer on, but instead of showing bios, it shows black screen. Start button still doesn't react to shut it down or restart. If I could get first screen with bios, I could try to enter safe mode and simply delete the file which caused trouble. But now I can't do anything. I really need help here, because PC is essential in my work. Help!!!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 26, 2016 at 01:26 PM
It appears that your motherboard has died. Perhaps you can find a replacement MB.

Good luck
Hi.
First, thanks for answer.
A friend of mine said the same thing. But what can I do about it? What is replacement MB? English is not my first language that's why some technic terminology is harder to get.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826 > Lily
Jun 26, 2016 at 02:00 PM
You have old hardware and old software (Photoshop). It might be possible to replace the main part of the computer (called the Motherboard MB for short) with an identical unit. My suggest is you get a Qualified PC tech to diagnose and fix the computer.

Good Luck