Pen drive usb problem

Closed
thenzio - Aug 17, 2016 at 11:21 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Aug 18, 2016 at 04:03 AM
i have a problem and this one i think is rare.

i thought my USB pen drive was fine until i try to copy some files successfully then safely remove it. and then when i try to plug it on my computer at home files aren't there and the consumed space is back from its original size, also the old files are there and readable.,

The main problem is i copy some files successfully and then vanishes after i removed it safely.,
Its not a shortcut virus that hides files., its different.,

old files from my usb is fine and readable, but after i delete it., it is still there when i plugged it again.,
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Aug 18, 2016 at 04:03 AM
Hi Thenzio,

I strongly recommend you to backup all data and format the drive. Connect the newly formatted drive to the PC and try to copy files again. Try the drive on another PC. The same problem appears? Furthermore, check other devices in the USB ports. Are all working normally? Update your antivirus software and do a complete scan just in case.

Hope this helps