Lenovo Yoga 2 11 drops dead after a year?

Closed
FedUp - Sep 1, 2016 at 08:07 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 2, 2016 at 05:29 AM
Hello,

I bought this new in April 2015 and I am seriously disappointed in in this product. This is the worst experience i have ever had with a product. It worked fine until July 2016. I plugged it in to charge it and went back and it would not power on. I have had it checked out by two different techs and they have replaced the power cable, plugged/unplugged the battery, vacuumed the dust out, removed the motherboard and replaced the thermal paste, nothing has made any difference.They suggested than an option might be to replace the motherboard... it's a possible fix but it's not guaranteed to fix it. It could be some other component at fault, but they say there's no way to know really else it could be. It is absolutely ridiculous to spend $800 on this tablet and have it drop dead after just over a year. I spoke to
Crystal
Customer Care Manager

And she advised that since it is out of warranty, there is nothing they will do. I spent $800 on this "designer paperweight" and now they want more money to fix it??

Worst customer service, worst product I have ever had.

ref:_00D30V2Wu._5001410kdbC:ref

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 2, 2016 at 05:29 AM
Hello

Thank you for sharing your frustration over your lemon Lenovo, you have our compassion.

P.S. A new laptop should last more than a year. In cases similar to yours, many have won in small claims court and others have won again just threatening to sue.