Laptop not booting .

Closed
Ss - Sep 15, 2016 at 12:42 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 15, 2016 at 03:17 AM
Hello,
I have an Asus tp500la amd it's not booting . I sent it to Asus in the warrenty but it got a cracked screen during the shipping or in Asus facility I don't know . So they decided they won't fix it .
Anyway when I asked them why it wasn't booting they told me because of the display needs to be changed and that they tried another screen and it turned on but I don't believe them .
So can anyone tell me how is the display preventing the laptop from booting . Knowing that it was working fine then suddenly turned off and stopped working and that was before the screen crack .
Thank you.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 15, 2016 at 03:17 AM
Hi Ss,

Could give us some more details what happens when you press the power button? Are there any noises or beeps? Can you hear the cooling fan? In general, if the screen is cracked, you might use an external screen or a TV to get an image, but the PC should be running normally. If the PC is not turning on, I would say that there is a hardware issue with the laptop. I am not really familiar with this laptop model, but from your explanation I get the impression that the screen is not the only problem with this device. Have you tried consulting with the manufacturer’s support? They should handle the situation if the laptop is under warrany.

Hope this helps