There is a red icon on the battery

Closed
Engr Amjad Islam - Sep 19, 2016 at 12:06 PM
 Engr Amjad Islam - Sep 19, 2016 at 02:47 PM
Salam to all
Can anybody please resolve my laptop red icon problem of a battery.
I have a dell latitude d620 and installed on it windows 7 professional, the problem is that it is showing red cross on battery icon while the battery is charging and it is also showing that the
battery#1 is not present
battery#2 is not present

The battery is still charging and is not showing its percentage that how much percent the battery is charged. and there is a red cross on battery icon permanently.

I have applied the method of Device Manage.....> Batteries and uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery having the battery removed and then insert the battery into it but the problem is still
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 19, 2016 at 12:12 PM
your battery is no longer working as expected.

If you was to remove the power cable from the laptop then you'll find the battery doesn't hold charge.

I suspect you will need to replace the battery.

Good Luck
Engr Amjad Islam
Sep 19, 2016 at 02:47 PM
My battery is working and when i unplug the ac power from my laptop the laptop is not shut down, but the red cross symbol is remains on the battery icon of charging.

The laptop can't be power on by battery, you must plug it into some ac source, once the laptop is switched on from the ac source for about 3 hours, the laptop battery gives the backup upto 2 hours but the red cross and charging symbol on the battery icon doesn't appear