WD Hard Disck 500 GB

Closed
rajesh - Sep 24, 2016 at 02:22 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 26, 2016 at 02:58 AM
Hello,

hi this is Rajesh from visakhapatnam
My 500 GB WD Elements HD is not showing in my system, when am connecting to the system its getting runn but the drive is not showing plz resolve the issue as soon as possible please

Related:

2 responses

I did not get reply till now plz respond
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 26, 2016 at 02:58 AM
Hi Rajesh,

I am sorry for my late response. Does the issue still persist? Could you please check the device on another PC and with another USB cable? If the drive is working normally on another PC, I recommend you to backup all important data and format the drive. Check the drive back on your PC.
If the drive is not working as expected even when connected to another PC, please open Disk Management and check if the drive is correctly recognized with a correct file format and drive letter. If there is no drive letter, try to assign one by right clicking on the drive. If you do not have important data on the drive, I would recommend you to format it.
If the drive is not visible in Disk Management, please open Device Manager and search for USB devices. The WD Elements should be listed there. If it is, disconnect the drive, uninstall it, restart the PC and plug the drive back in. The OS should reinstall the drivers automatically. Check again if the drive appears in Disk Management. Let me know if there is progress!

Hope this helps