The choice of game console depends mainly on the type of games you like to play. Each console has its own characteristics that make it special, unique and worth choosing. In this article, we present a selection of the best video game consoles of 2022 and what gaming areas they stand out in.
What are the latest releases?
If you're thinking of splurging on a new console, we suggest you check the latest releases. At the moment there is no news that Nintendo Switch is going to renew its latest model, however PlayStation 5 and the new Xbox Series X are already here! One of their most interesting features is the retrocompatibility, which means that almost all Xbox One and PS4 games are supported on the next generation consoles.
The PlayStation 5 supports 100GB Blu-ray Discs, contains a high-speed SSD and incorporates 4K or 8K resolution in some cases. It comes with a DualSense controller with haptic vibration and adaptive trigger function.
Xbox Series X
The Xbox Series X is even more powerful than its predecessor. Like PS5, it includes 8K. GPU performance reaches up to 12 teraflops. It also has Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Dynamic Latency Input (DLI).
Unlike PS5, Xbox Series X does not include virtual reality (VR) functionality.
PlayStation 4 Pro
Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro is currently the most widely purchased video game console on the market due to it having the largest video game platform with exclusive new game releases on a regular basis. In addition, it offers more alternative video games such as Japanese role-playing games, which are not available on its main competitor: the Xbox One X.
It has other features that make it extremely popular, such as support for both 4K and HDR 10. Another strong point is the capability the PS4 has to support for virtual reality (VR) lens technology.
Price: around 300$ for the PS4 Slim model and 400$ for the PS4 Pro.
Xbox One X
The Xbox One X is the most powerful console on the market today but also the most expensive. It has an integrated Blu-ray player that supports both 4K and HDR formats. This technology offers high resolution for both gaming, video and movie playback.
Like the PS4, the Xbox One X has access to a huge library of games. Although not many exclusive releases are expected, the good news is that an ever increasing number of Xbox 360 games are compatible with the One X, allowing you to continue enjoying old favourites.
Price: Approximately 400$.
Xbox One S
As you may know, the Xbox One S shares certain characteristics with the One X. For example, both have the same connector times, but how does Xbox One X differ from the S?
The One X includes 4K, this is a necessary option for viewing game images in much higher resolution. However, to avail of this feature you will need to have a TV also with 4K image technology. The One S plays in 1080p, but it can be ideal and more than adequate, especially if it corresponds to your TV.
The One S is not as powerful as its later model. While the One X has 6TF of power the One S only has 1.2TF. The latest Xbox model is smaller and the One S is a bit bigger..
Price: around 300$
The main strength of the Nintendo Switch is its small, portable, lightweight size, so you can take it anywhere and enjoy a game without a lot of equipment. However the best thing with this console is probably its' versatility. The Switch is not only a handheld console but also a tabletop console that can be connected to a TV screen to play as widely as with the Xbox and PlayStation.
However, it doesn't have the capacity to reproduce 4K - it has a Doom quality (2016) at 30 fps.
This small console provides great gameplay possibilities, both for recent classics such as </bold>Dark Souls Remastered</bold> and for more recent titles such as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey. It also has a wide-reaching fan-base, satisfying the indie public with titles like Battle Chef Brigade or Celeste.
Three game modes are included, and multiple types of controllers can be attached to it to expand the gaming possibilities.
Price: around 300$.
- How to change the character in the dinosaur Chrome game? > Guide
- Sega Releases Free Classic Console Games
- The best crossplay games: 2022, PS4 PC, Xbox PC, Swtich > Guide
- Play Pokémon games: for free, on Android > Guide
- More than one player online on same ps3? [solved] > Forum - PS3/PS4
- Little Alchemy cheats: all 580 combinations and elements
- Connect controller to PC: bluetooth, wireless, PS4
- Hitman 3 cheats: PS4, Xbox One, PS5, PC, Xbox series X
- Crusader Kings 3 cheats: Steam, Game Pass, immortal
- RGSS-RTP standard: error, not found
- How to recover Need For Speed Underground 2 save files
- Unable to host World of Warcraft 3 LAN game
- The Elder Scrolls 6: release date, location, trailer
- How to remove Steam Guard: mobile authenticator, from PC
- Avakin Life free coins: 2022
- How to turn off cloud sync Steam
- Flash games for PC: download, online, old
- Star Wars Battlefront cheat codes: Xbox, PS2
- The best online game stores for PC: Steam, Origin, GOG, etc
- Starfield: release date, location, and gameplay
- How to set the maximum ping in Steam
- Play Hero Wars: online, free, on PC, Mini Games
- How to play Among Us: on Mac, on PC, online
- Valheim tips and tricks: for beginners, 2022
- Steam profile status: checker, privacy settings
- Fix registry error loading key Warcraft III\InstallPath
- The best indie games sountracks
- Online escape game: free, without flash, with friends
- Get and redeem promo codes on Roblox
- The best free online gaming sites
- Everything you need to know about E3
- DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error: how to fix it?
- Customize updates and background downloads for Steam games
- The best video games of the year: 2021
- Resident Evil 8: Village: characters, DLC, VR
- Hades guide: tips and tricks
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout: guide, gameplay, download
- Best zombie video games
- The best VR games (2022): on Steam, Occulus
- PlayStation Plus games for May 2022
- League of Legends: Wild Rift: champions, release date
- Harry Potter video games: for PC, Android, iOS, AR
- Psychology of video games: why we enjoy gaming?
- Create server: for Minecraft, for CounterStrike
- Offline Android games: download for free
- Cloud gaming services: Xbox, free, Steam
- How to restrict downloads on Steam?
- Nintendo Direct 2022: February
- Everything about Amazon Luna: review, games
- Fortnite Winterfest 2022: date, skins, map, presents
- Cyberpunk 2077 refund: Xbox, Steam, PS4
- Fortnite Halloween 2022: skins, dates, and Fortnitemares
- Black Friday 2022 on Steam
- Best Cyberpunk 2077 bugs
- Skate 4: release date, trailer, gameplay and rumors
- Play Atari Breakout on Google
- How to contact Roblox support: number, email
- How to Download Valorant For Free