Docking bay

Closed
katt - Oct 9, 2016 at 05:38 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 11, 2016 at 03:24 AM
my multi-function hdd docking 893u2is has just stop read any hdd but reads my flash drives

2 responses

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Oct 11, 2016 at 02:43 AM
Hey there, katt.

Unfortunately it might have failed if this is the case. However, in order to be completely sure, you'd have to go through a little bit of troubleshooting.
I'd recommend that you try those drives with different computer, or by connecting them internally, to see if they work properly (if they do, it would mean that it's not their fault and it's most probably the dock station).
You should also try the dock station with a different computer, to see how it behaves and if the drives you plug in, are recognized by the OS.
Another thing you could try is to check the dock station manufacturer's website and see if you need any specific driver in order for it to work properly.
You could also get in touch with the manufacturer's customer support and ask for assistance.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 11, 2016 at 03:24 AM
Hi Katt,

I have never used this particular docking bay, but if part of it works normally, that means that the drive receives power and is properly connected. Since you have tested several HDDs in the HDD slots, there may be a connectivity problem caused by SATA ports failure or simply the power is not enough to supply the hard drive. If possible, test the device with another USB cable. If the docking station is under warranty, contact the seller and ask for guidance.

Hope this helps