Home theater projector

Closed
leeba100 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 11, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 11, 2016 - Oct 11, 2016 at 08:17 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 11, 2016 at 04:58 PM
Hi, I'm attempting to turn my garage into a home theater. After spending days learning about lumens, aspect ratio, and native resolution, I don't think I'm any closer at figuring out which projector is best for my project. My room is about 25 by 25 feet. I don't think I'll be able to do much more than about 100 inch display. I have no intention of permanently installing the projector but probably just setting it up on a table when we decide to use the room for a theater. I can make the room completely black so the projector would not need to function well in lit conditions. I will really only use this to watch DVDs and the connections could be via DVD player, laptop, or ipad. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles but I do care about image quality. It doesn't have to be movie theater awesome but obvious flaws would probably bug me. I think that's all the pertinent information....but maybe not.
Anyway, here's where I'm stuck in my thinking. Would these cheaper projectors that you see for a couple hundred dollars be even worth looking at or are they going to be a "you get what you pay for situation"? And if that's the case, would a used model from Ebay be a better option? I don't know. I just need some guidance. Like I said, I'm on a budget and there is way too much information out there to process for someone who's a newbie to the world of projectors.
Help?!!?!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 11, 2016 at 04:58 PM
My suggestions would be to see what model has the cheapest replacement lamp, and stay away from those. You may find the initial capital cost for a good one will pay for itself after you have changed out so many cheap lamps. Just a thought!