Windows 10 cant locate my WD Ultra disc

Closed
Sl!derman49 Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 16, 2016 - Oct 14, 2016 at 04:34 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Oct 18, 2016 at 02:50 AM
Windows 10 cant locate my WD Ultra disc. ??? Its vsible on the computor. I just tried to format it. :-D
Related:

3 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Oct 14, 2016 at 11:01 AM
Hello Sl!derman49  and welcome to the forum!

Can you, please share more information regarding the issue that you have? I would be thankful if you describe with more details the PC configuration that you connect your WD My Passport Ultra to.
Here is a link to our official web site that you could use to download our diagnostic tool WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=MCP2zJ
Please, run the extended test and come back with a printscreen of the results. Beware to remove any personal infromation on that screen.
Have you checked the USB cable that you use to connect the WD My Passport to the PC? If not, try it and if you have another USB cable to use for the connection, you could use it.

Hope I gave you idea. Have a great weekend!
Sl!derman49 Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 16, 2016
Oct 15, 2016 at 09:45 AM
Hi. Thanks for nyour help.
I send all my files to an other ext. harddisc. Then i klicked on "Format" on my Passport Ultra. All partitions (2) was not there. No strange sounds from the disc. The lamp twinkel as usual. Disc Management tells me that the disc is "Unallocated" Partition Magic + a coupple of other programs says the partitions is lost/deleted. I cant se the disk on "My PC". It was running allrigt 2 days ago. Have no idea. So, if you got some suggestions, please, let me know. Keep up the good work!! Peter :-D
Sl!derman49 Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 16, 2016
Oct 16, 2016 at 06:41 AM
Thanks
I have allready tested the disc with the program you suggested. It ran for 9 hours. Bad sectors. no files. Failure. My computor is a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge. My OP is Windows 10. The unit have ran perfectly well until i formated it. Checked the Computer Management, evrything, ok. Something happened when i formated the unit.Also checked the disc management, showing the name and the size of the disk. Unallocated. The disc is not initialized. When you ask for info, regarding Configurations, can you, please be a bit more specific?? Hope for the best and again, THANKS!! :-D
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Oct 18, 2016 at 02:50 AM
Hi again,

Have you tried to format the WD My Passport Ultra through DISKPART in Windows? If not, I suggest you to try it. It is a command entered in the Command prompt console of Windows. You have to open the Command prompt in Administrator mode and type this:
1. DISKPART
2. LIST DISK
3. SELECT DISK 1 – if the external WD drive is the only one connected to your laptop
4. When it gives you the information that disk is now the selected disk, you have to put down the command CLEAN
5. FS=NTFS

Let me know if that helped.

Have a good day!