How can I get Arcsoft photostudio 5 for my new computer?

Closed
Lifemagician Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 25, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 25, 2016 - Oct 25, 2016 at 04:07 AM
 Stefan - Nov 10, 2016 at 01:27 PM
Please forgive me if this is not the correct forum, I could not work out where to ask my question.

Many years ago I bought a Canon Lide 20 scanner. It came with a CD on which there was Arcsoft Photostudio 5. This was a great and simple program for this computer illiterate grandmother. I used it for the scanner all the time. It allowed me to present the images on my auction page just the way I wanted them. The Canon site does not have anything like it.

Then my computer went to 'heaven'. Now I have a new computer, but I no longer have that CD. Not sure what could have happened to it. I have been trying to get photostudio 5 back, but seems I no longer can.

Please help. Can I get it back, and if so how do I go about it (in baby steps please). If not, what alternatives do I have. I feel so lost without my scanner.

Thanking you in advance.

Lifey
Related:

4 responses

Thank you.

I have now followed the instructions several times, but when I click on the 'scanner' symbol when the program opens it comes up with the message

"There is a TWAIN error. The device may not be connected."

However, it is connected. I have checked everything several times, but still the same message comes up.

What have I done wrong?
What should I do now?

Lifey
Noticed too late that I also had to download the driver for the scanner. Have now done that as well, and restarted my computer - but alas! The same message is popping up.

Lifey
I have the same problem, even when using the original instal CD, with both Windows XP and 10.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 25, 2016 at 06:35 AM
Hello Lifey

So your computer went to heaven...you are poetic...

Now to get Arcsoft Photostudio, just click on this CCM link to access our download section. It's not version 5 but 6 and it is on trial bases:

https://ccm.net/downloads/image/6719-arcsoft-photostudio/

Click on download.

Cheers
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 25, 2016 at 06:38 AM
Oops forgot...here is the link to download your scanner's software:

https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/6485-canoscan-lide20-scanner-driver/