Lapt hibernated and wont turn on

Closed
Joey - Oct 26, 2016 at 06:32 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Oct 26, 2016 at 12:25 PM
Hello,

My hp laptop has hibernated and now when i power on it shows that it is in hibernation mode but wont wake up. It had the same problem before and a technician reserted my RAM so now i want to know as to how do i resert that RAM.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Oct 26, 2016 at 12:25 PM
Hello Joey,

The reseating of the RAM could resolve the problem, but the issue could be more severe.
Well, if you insist to reseat the RAM stick, you have to take out the battery of the laptop and to pull the power cord. Then, open the lid and change their places.
But if this does not help, you could try something else. While being open the lappy, just pull out the CMOS battery which is located next to the CPU. If you have another one, change it. If you don't, then take it aside for a couple of minutes and leave the laptop's motherboard electricity to discharge.
Then, plug the CMOS battery back in, close the lid and connect the power cable. Try to boot your lappy once again.

Good luck!