USB mass storage problem

Solved/Closed
jimbojimmyjimmy - Jun 5, 2008 at 07:35 AM
 Menniemen - Oct 22, 2010 at 04:34 PM
Hello,

I am connected my JVC everio camcorder to my PC (vista) and all I get on the camcorder is usb mass storage, does anyone know why this is???
Related:

7 responses

Or you can simply open it as Media Player, and you will may be able to open the folder, and drag and drop your stuff. Or anything you want to do.

Menniemen.
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Aug 23, 2008 at 04:23 AM
hi mepje,
looks like the software that supports ur digi cam is having some confict with the OS, I suggest that you unistall the software (THE ONE THAT UR CAMERA USES TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR OS) RESTART YOUR COMP

REINSTALL THAT SOFTWARE

RESTART

AND NOW CONNECT YOUR CAMERA TO YOUR COMP

REGARDS
Melisio mascarenhas (Meli)
India

melsownworld@rediffmail.com
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Feb 28, 2010 at 01:10 AM
uhi this is bcos u havent the requires usb drivers installed on to ur system

two steps one easy thje other a bit longer

step one

just copy and paste the blow given link on ur IE address bar

https://www.gettoggle.com/free-download/kl40616/Driver-Pen-Drive-USB-2.htm

it will direct u to a site where the required driver is available

download the exe file onto ur system

once done run the exe file

once finished restart ur comp

now plug in ur usb

;)

Step 2

---------

To open Device Manager, either run Devmgmt.msc at a command prompt,
or follow these steps:
Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
Expand System Tools, click Device Manager, and then click Devices by type on the View menu.
Right-click USB 2.0 EHCI Host controller, and then click Update Driver.

You can find the USB Host controller entry in either of the following locations:
Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
Other Devices

Note In the Other Devices location, the USB Host controller entry is labeled Universal Serial Bus controller with a yellow exclamation mark.
Click Install the software automatically (Recommended), and then click Next.
Click Finish when installation is finished.

now plu in ur USB ;)

awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai india
zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 64
Jun 5, 2008 at 10:28 AM
Hello jimbo, im not understanding at all your problem!

Can you please specify the issue ? Your pc is not recognising your usb mass storage?
hi I have a problem that I buy a new local brand mp3 and I was downloaded 100 mp3 songs from that shop but right now when I connect in my system it shows unknown device and that person was using windows xp sp3 and same I am also but this problem is creating a big problem
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41 > deependra
Aug 23, 2008 at 04:31 AM
hi deependra
I havnt understood you properly. what I figure out from your pposting is after you purchased a usb from the shop you copied songs in that USB, later when you plugged it in your system, it dosnt get recognised

does any message pop up like "UNKNWN DEVICE DETECTED" or so

please reply to correct me if I am wrong or if I have understood what you are trying to say????

so I can assit you out of this problem\

anywyas my personal email id is melsownworld@rediffmail.com

regards
Melisio Mascarenhas (meli)\
India

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Mepje Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 22, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 23, 2008
Aug 23, 2008 at 03:50 AM
I have the same problem. Suddenly mu computer gives USB not recognized and it is my camera. I used it many time to load pictures on my computer but now it does nog work anymore.
What to do?
When trying to transfer pictures from camera to computer,it comes up,does regognise USB port.

Can you help?
my pendrive is not detect .the message show is the usb is not recognised
my pendrive is not detect .the message show is the usb is not recognised