Taskbar and desktop icons missing; i don't know what to do anymo

Closed
notasmartkid - Dec 30, 2016 at 11:04 AM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 30, 2016 at 02:41 PM
Hello, I am currently using Windows 7 OS.

Last night, I was still able to use my laptop just fine, and the taskbar disappearing problem occured, but I fixed it easily using the open-the-task-manager-end-and-start-explorer.exe method.

Then when I opened it today, the taskbar disappearing problem happened again, but this time, the method that I used before was not working at all because when I end tasked the explorer.exe and then put it back on, it wouldn't reappear. Also, I couldn't open the registry thingy and it would not start even in safe mode/s. I've also tried the system restore using the repair button during startup when you long press F8.

please can someone help me? I really don't know what to do anymore :(

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 30, 2016 at 12:07 PM
If it won't boot is safe mode, then it is mangles. Take it to a technician!
Uhm. Okay. But everytime I shut it down, the taskbar would reappear at the last second then it would shut down completely. :( Thanks for the advice though! :)
Blocked Profile
Dec 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM
If you cannot start it with Explorer.exe with a new task, try to start a new task with CMD, and run SFC /scannow
CMD cannot be opened too. :( I mean the only program that would open is the task manager. Also, there's this dialog box that says windows script file error. I don't know if it's connected somehow or what.
Blocked Profile
Dec 30, 2016 at 02:41 PM
Do you have another OS you can boot this drive behind and run a CHKDSK on it?