WiFi keeps going out/off

Solved/Closed
AnitaBeth Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 9, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2017 - Updated by Ambucias on 10/02/17 at 04:26 AM
 Anita Bischof - Feb 11, 2017 at 08:38 PM
I have an Android smartphone. I am connected to my personal router and my Wi-Fi keeps going out/off. I have followed all suggestions in regards to my settings on my smartphone and router help Please. I have thought of resetting my phone but I am petrified of the results. Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advanced.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 10, 2017 at 05:29 PM
Have you tested with other routers/hot spots?

If the problem is only with your router:
did you
1. power off the router- wait 60 seconds and reboot it
2. try moving the router (is it near a 2.4 GHz cordless phone?)
3. log on to the router and change the xmit channel . There are android Apps that will scan all the channels and show you the best channel to use in your location.

You probably should NOT "reset" the phone unless you are 100% positive the reset will solve the problem.

Good Luck
Anita Bischof
Feb 11, 2017 at 08:38 PM
Thanks for your help it was REALLY GREAT and solved my problem. I sincerely appreciate your help because it was unexpected and I was at my wit's end trying to figure out what to do.