Forgot password

Closed
Jo Ann - May 21, 2017 at 11:37 PM
kmi187 Posts 29 Registration date Saturday August 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2019 - May 21, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Hello,

Got a new phone and can't put my yahoo active. They want me to open a new account,I can't remember my pass word .HELP

1 response

kmi187 Posts 29 Registration date Saturday August 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2019 2
May 21, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Hello Jo Ann,

To reset a Yahoo e-mail password if you have forgotten the passphrase or can no longer access your account :

1. Go to the Yahoo sign-in helper page (https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/session-expired?)=&authMechanism=secondary&done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F
2. Type your e-mail adress where it says "e-mail of phone number" (usually what comes before the @yahoo.com)
3 click continue

Now yahoo mail's sign-in helper walk you through the options.

If you have a mobile phone number associated with the account and can access text messages received :

1. click yes, text me an account key, under "do you have access to this phone" If you do not chose "Don't have access to this phone".
2. Enter the account key recieved by SMS, to verfy you have this phone.
3. Click verify.

If you have a secondary e-mail address associated with your yahoo e-mail :

1. Click "yes, send me account key" under "do you have access to this e-mail".
2. Type the account key you got by e-mail under "Verify that you have access to this e-mail account".
3. Click verify.

If you do not have access to either of these above, yahoo may ask you for other info such as e-mail address of someone you sent or received e-mail from.

Once you have successfully recovered access to your account, change the password to something you can remember, don't use something that is easy to guess for someone else.

Now if this doesn't work you will have to contact yahoo, either through their forums or by calling their helpdesk. They will be able to help you out.

Hope this helps, have a nice day.

KMI187