Allow your children to take their first steps in drawing. Tux Paint
is a drawing program with simple tools. It is for children who have 3 years old and up.
Key features :
- Interface : Since this application is for children, it has a child-oriented interface where they can select a background color or picture to begin with. This interface also includes useful drawing tools. Everytime, your child selects a tool, a fun sound is heard. To simplify their task, saved pictures are displayed in thumbnail. It also includes auto-save and recovers function to avoid problem in case the program is closed accidentally. To make it more appropriate tool for children, the configuration settings are displayed in another location.
- Drawing tools : Like all drawing tool software, this application offers several and useful tools : paint brush, bubber stamp, line tool, shape tool, eraser, etc. In addition, your child can use « undo » and « redo » functions.
- Commands : In addition to its key features, this application also allows children to save pictures to the virtual « picturebook », to open a picture by clicking on its thumbnail in the virtual « picturebook », to view a slideshow of the saved drawing, to print the favorite picture, etc.
- Languages : It is translated into several foreign languages such as Basque, Belarusian, Chinese, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, etc.
- Sound effects
- Moderate amount of system resources
- Possibility to display pictures as slideshow
- Exciting for children
- Slow and unstable during tests