Enable your children to take their first steps in digital drawing. Tux Paint is a drawing program with simple tools and is suitable for children from 3 years of age. It is an Open Source program, regularly updated and available for everyone.
- Child-friendly Interface: Since this application is for children, it has a child-friendly interface where they can select a background color or picture, to begin with. This interface also includes useful drawing tools, which when selected are accompanied by a fun sound. To simplify their task, saved pictures are displayed in the thumbnail. It also includes auto-save and recovery functions. To make it more appropriate for children, the configuration settings are displayed in another location.
- Drawing tools: Like all drawing tool software, this application offers several useful tools including paintbrush, rubber stamp, line tool, shape tool, eraser, etc. In addition, your child can use «undo» and «redo» functions to facilitate the process.
- Commands: In addition to its key features, this application also allows children to save pictures to the virtual «picturebook», to open a picture by clicking on its thumbnail in the virtual «picturebook», to view a slideshow of the saved drawing, to print their favorite picture and more.
- Languages: It is translated into several languages such as Basque, Belarusian, Chinese, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, etc.
How Does Tux Paint Work?
Tux Paint works as a classical digital painting program, the only difference is that it is made for children so all the tools, colors, and stamps are graphical and easy to find on the scream.
Is Tux Paint Free?
Tux Paint is an Open Source software, so it is completely free of charge.
Is Tux Paint Safe?
The Tux Paint program is virus-free.
Tux Paint is also available to download for Mac, Linux, Android here
photo – tuxpaint.org
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Disk space: Approx. 22MB
- Processor: Pentium 200MHz
- Monitor: 640x480 or higher; 800x600 recommended
- Graphics card: for 640x480 resolution – 16-bit color (thousands of colors) or higher; 1024x768 or higher – 24-bit color recommended
- RAM: Approx. 28MB free (At very high resolution (1600x1200) – approximately 150MB free).