GarageBand is the app designed by Apple to recreate a full-fledged recording studio at your fingertips. With it, you can compose music anywhere you go and play guitar, bass, keyboards, add beats, and much more. You can record your creation and share it with friends if you wish.
What are the key features of Garageband?
- Play your iPad/iPhone like a musical instrument: choose from a variety of musical instruments, such as guitar, electro guitar, keyboards, bass, drums, and many more.
- Use Live Loops like a DJ: create tracks with the help of Live Loops, and create your own custom loops with Multi-Touch, Remix FX, and various DJ-styled effects, including already prepared grid templates.
- Record your music: after the creation, you can record your tracks with Alchemy Touch Instrument function and share them with friends on social networks.
- Add effects: GarageBand library has a wide choice of sound effects that you can pick and add to your soundtrack.
- Play Smart Instruments: you can play the entire orchestra using the Smart Instruments feature, and Chord Strips, Smart Basses, Smart Strings, etc.
How does Garageband work?
GarageBand works as a complete recording studio on your iPhone/iPad. You can play various musical instruments, use different professional features and record your soundtracks easily. The interface is user-friendly and intuitive, however, if you want to access the exact instructions, visit Apple support page.
Is Garageband free?
Yes, GarageBand is completely free to use.