ePSXe (enhanced PSX emulator) is an emulator for the PlayStation video game console available for Linux and Windows and is considered as one of the best freeware Playstation emulators available. Many people have figured out that having this type of program installed on their laptops will allow them to play their favorites PS games anywhere. Here's how!
Where to Download the Emulator
You can download the ePSX Emulator from their website here.
- Minimum:Pentium 200 MHz
- Recommended 1 GHz.
- Minimum256 MB RAM,
- Recommended 512 MB RAM.
- Graphics card: 3D graphics card supporting OpenGL or DirectX.
- Operating system:
- Windows: 95,98, NT ,XP, 2000, Vista, or GNU/Linux
- CD-ROM or DVD roms and of course your original PS games.
- GPU: GPU plugins will work with Direct3D, OpenGL, or the Glide API, and are available freeware or open source.
- SPU: The SPU plugins can emulate everything from music to sound effects, with varying degrees of success depending on the plugin settings, and of course the plugin being used.
- CD-ROM: ePSXe comes with a core CD-ROM plugin, but many others are available for freeware download and many can emulate up to seven different types of read modes.
Input: The core plugin is sufficient, but there are others that allow for more functionality, allowing you use a *DualShock controller with a USB adapter.
Photo by Teddy Guerrier on Unsplash