No sound with Vista

Closed
Ben - May 27, 2009 at 01:46 PM
Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 - May 27, 2009 at 06:38 PM
Hello,

I have a Gateway, running Vista 32 bit, and I have no sound. I believe I need to update my sound card drivers to be compatible with Vista. My sound card is from Creative labs, and their website has been no help after searching through it for a couple hours. the exact error message when i move my cursor over the sound modifier (the sound symbol at the bottom right of toolbar) is "No audio output device is installed" however, when i check my hardware it says "high definition audio device is working properly" but the computer still does not recognize the speakers being plugged in!

If you have any website I could download updated sound card drivers from that doesn't try to make me download some expensive program that is unnecessary I would greatly appreciate it.

-Ben

1 response

Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 11
May 27, 2009 at 06:38 PM
you shouldnt be having any issue getting a driver by creative off their support pages at all so unless you are looking in the wrong place or don't know the exact model its hard to see what the issue is.