Partial laptop screen

Closed
dwracing38 - May 27, 2009 at 08:48 PM
ruzzle.dazzle Posts 7 Registration date Saturday May 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 31, 2009 - May 31, 2009 at 03:46 PM
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite L25-s1217 Laptop and Windows XP oper. system. The screen is divided by a white vertical line with either black area or vertical bright multiple colors. Computer works fine otherwise. Once you move your page over to working area you can do anything you with the computer. Has not been dropped, banged or gotten wet to my knowledge. Whatever this problem is happened while I was sleeping and the computer was turned off. Please help me.
Related:

1 response

ruzzle.dazzle Posts 7 Registration date Saturday May 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 31, 2009 5
May 31, 2009 at 03:46 PM
Try turning off your laptop and wait for 10 minutes before you open again. If not, see if system restoring will help putting your laptop to its good working state before this vertical line happened on your sleep. If not, try formating your laptop hoping that that line will disappear. If after formatting, it still there, I think there already some damage in your laptop. The problem is no longer software, it probably one of the hardware that's been damaged causing this line to appear.