Wifi connected but can't browse (Windows xp)

Closed
babu - Updated on Sep 29, 2017 at 04:47 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 29, 2017 at 06:38 PM
Hello,
WiFi is connected but internet is not coming.when I open command prompt and enter ipconfig its shows
IP address: 198 .162.50.123 subnet mask: 255.255.255.0. Default gateway: (shows ntg). I tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew but its not working default gateway not shows .plz help me to connect internet

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 29, 2017 at 06:38 PM
WoWoWo! You can be on WIFI, but that doesn't mean anything. Contact your ISP. If it is your WIFI device, then read the INSTRUCTIONS again! If it didn't come with any instructions, then good luck with that! Or, if it is used, then it is up to you to configure it, as each ISP has different options. Once again, good luck with that! If it used to work, but now it doesn't, plug in your rig into the ISP modem with the same cable as the wifi device, and see if you can browse (pull and IP address) from that. If you still cant' check to make certain that you are not a static IP. Put in a DNS of 4.2.2.2 and hope! If that doesn't work, contact the last person who sold you the PC (or loaned it to you), and they will go ahead and help you!

I hope I have covered just about every scenario!