Translate vista from german to english

Closed
crowdpleaser Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2009 - May 30, 2009 at 04:42 PM
 crowdpleaser - May 31, 2009 at 04:26 AM
Hello,my laptop emachines e620,has installed windows vista with german language,could someone in short explain me the procedure to translate os to english language.I really dont speak german!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 30, 2009 at 06:41 PM
Unless you are using Vista Ultimate or Vista Enterprise you can NOT change the display language. The only option is to buy an English version and install it or upgrade to Ultimate.

This is an extract from a Microsoft support site:

With additional language files, you can change the display language on your computer so that you can view wizards, dialog boxes, menus, Help topics, and other items in Windows in a different language.

There are two types of language files:

Windows Vista Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI).‌ Windows Vista MUIs provide a translated version of most of the user interface. MUIs require a license to be used and are only available with Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Enterprise. If you are using Windows Vista Ultimate, you can download MUIs by using Windows Update. If you are using Windows Vista Enterprise, contact your system administrator for information about installing additional languages.
thx,for answer,by the way windows vista basic is instaled on the laptop,so there is now way to change the language setting,but thx anyways!