UJ-850D doesn't work when CD is in

Marco - Dec 23, 2017 at 09:10 PM - Latest reply:  Marco
- Dec 24, 2017 at 05:11 AM
Hello,
it's the first time I ask for help on CCM, but this problem is too strange.

I bought an external DVD player for my convertible Acer Aspire Switch 10. When I connect the DVD player to the computer, "UJ-850D" appears between the devices.

"Property:
Manufacturer - Not available
Model - UJ-850D
Model number - Not available
Categories - Optical unit
Description - Not available

Device status: The device works correctly

MATSHITA UJ-850D USB Device

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver date: 06/21/2006
Driver version: 10.0.16299.15
Digital signature: Microsoft Windows"

Only "Driver Details" is clickable, everything else is gray. If I try to update the drivers from other ways, it says that the drivers are updated yet.

So far so normal, the problem is when I insert a cd/dvd.

The DVD player makes a strange noise, as if it started and turned off continuously (which it doesn't do on Mac OS). If I try to open E: from "My pc", there is a very long upload that ends with the disappearance of E:, then a warning appears saying: "The last USB device connected to the computer doesn't work and has not been recognized. Advice: Try to reconnect the device. If it is not recognized yet, it may not work properly".
Then "UJ-850D" disappears from the device list and in its place appears "Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)" with the yellow triangle. If I select "problem resolution", it says "impossible to identify the problem".
At this point I don't know what to do.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Marco
See more 

4 replies

Reply to this topic
Ambucias 51202 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus April 26, 2018 Last seen - Dec 24, 2017 at 04:40 AM
Helpful
Hello Marco,

There three series of Acer laptops with which your dvd player is not compatible; I believe that your Acer Aspire Switch 10 is among one of those three series.
Oh.. Damn. That's a problem.
Is this thing written anyway where I can read it? And, is there a way to make it compatible somehow?

Thank you for your reply.
Ambucias 51202 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus April 26, 2018 Last seen > Marco - Dec 24, 2017 at 05:03 AM
Yes it's written somewhere, I have not invented it. I don't remember exactly where.

Make it compatible? I don't know but I doubt it as it is a hardware issue!

Sorry
Marco > Ambucias 51202 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus April 26, 2018 Last seen - Dec 24, 2017 at 05:11 AM
Obviously you haven't invented it! I was asking because the warning page can have other infos or suggestions. No problem, I'm googling for it.
Thank you anyway for the info and for your time.
Respond to Ambucias