Transfer data from the master sheet to other sheets.

Closed
Proloans123 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 25, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2018 - Updated on Jan 25, 2018 at 09:05 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 26, 2018 at 11:51 AM
Hello,

i am maintaining a master excel sheet of out tele callers in which they all enter their calling data.
i want to get the data in different different sheet by name of a caller. how do i get that automatically
??
for example i did a entry in master sheet like cust name, number, address, product type, remarks ETC and that i get all the data automatically in sheet 2. same as my other telecaller has done a entry in the same sheet and that will automatically update in her/his sheet name whichever it will, sheet 2 sheet 3 sheet 4.

Thanks
Teena Jain
Related:

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Updated on Jan 25, 2018 at 09:06 AM
Hello Teena,

I'm not sure how your main input sheet is set up but a code as follows may be a good starting point for you:-

Sub CreateNewShtsTransferData()

Dim sht As Worksheet
    Dim lr As Long, x As Long
    Dim ID As Object
    Dim key As Variant

Set sht = Sheet1
Set ID = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

lr = sht.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For x = 2 To lr
        If Not ID.Exists(sht.Range("A" & x).Value) Then
            ID.Add sht.Range("A" & x).Value, 1
       End If
Next x

For Each key In ID.keys
        If Not Evaluate("ISREF('" & key & "'!A1)") Then
        Worksheets.Add(After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)).Name = key
        End If

sht.Range("A1:A" & lr).AutoFilter 1, key
    sht.[A1].CurrentRegion.Copy Sheets(key).[A1]
        Sheets(key).Columns.AutoFit
            sht.[A1].AutoFilter
Next key

sht.Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
MsgBox "All done!", vbExclamation

End Sub

The code takes each telecaller's name in Column A, creates a sheet for each individual telecaller and then transfers the relevant rows of data to each individual's sheet..

Following is the link to a sample workbook that I have prepared for you:-

http://ge.tt/8xJ2tGo2

Click on the "RUN" button to see it work.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Blocked Profile
Jan 25, 2018 at 05:07 PM
Always very elegant.

I wrote this to try to show others how these things work with each other. Let me know what you think:
https://ccm.net/faq/54862-how-to-copy-data-from-one-excel-sheet-to-another-using-a-formula
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jan 26, 2018 at 06:29 AM
Thanks Mark. I've yet to hear back from the OP so I don't know if its suitable or even works for her.

I just had a look at the How To. Very nice, very informative.
I just hope that people take advantage of the How To section even if its just to make a start on the road to understanding the processes.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Blocked Profile
Jan 26, 2018 at 11:51 AM
"I just hope that people take advantage of the How To section even if its just to make a start on the road to understanding the processes."

That was the goal. Refer them to that first. Then help when they are stuck!