Xml file translator

Closed
Tomeye88 Posts 7 Registration date Sunday November 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2018 - Feb 6, 2018 at 02:46 AM
Tomeye88 Posts 7 Registration date Sunday November 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2018 - Feb 6, 2018 at 03:48 AM
On my previous phone (galaxy sky android 6) I saved some sms messages mainly for the pictures it contained but also because there was some information given to me thru this thread that I didn't want to lose. So I saved it and just emailed it to myself. It was converted to an .Xml file and when I open it I cant read all the messages seems some like random sentences are missing and theres absolutly no pictures. And every few lines it just has a <locked> and I dnt figure this out. Ive tried online conversation sites xml viewers. I put them on my laptop and tried different things and no matter what I do the file stays pretty much the same and I cnt get the pictures.
Related:

1 response

BunoCS Posts 15475 Registration date Monday July 11, 2005 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,534
Feb 6, 2018 at 03:05 AM
Hello,

theres absolutly no pictures
I think they are stored in the XML file, but in an encoded way. The only way to retrieve them is to use the same app you used to export in XML. Are you talking about "SMS Backup & restore" Android app?
Tomeye88 Posts 7 Registration date Sunday November 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2018
Feb 6, 2018 at 03:48 AM
Thabk you for your response., no I didn't use and app. I just had the stock messaging app. I opened the thread like I was gna type something and hit the menu hit save message and then had to go into my files app to find it and selected it and emailed it to myself